*I wrote this the first week of June before Zoe was born
Several of you have wanted to see the list of books Vic received for his birthday from WOTY. (Wife of The Year).
Soo....he actually received 0 books FROM ME. But whatevs. I am the power behind all of them.
The instructions I sent out to his family and friends were to send THEIR favorite book for Vic to enjoy. Below is the list. I think he's in the middle of about 8 of them right now and has already finished 2 of them (Rachael...so help me! They are the cheesy ones from Wes!--The Magician's Apprentice and the Magician Master). I've helped myself to a few as well. This is going to be fun. We are such nerds.
I've also included the names of who sent these books. There are two that came in the mail and we don't know who they are from. If you are reading this, please step forward and reveal yourself.
1. The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit- from cousin Glenn Jackson
2. To Kill A Mockingbird--from cousin in-law Jen Jackson (and husband Joe)
3. The Endurance--from sister Joy Payne
4. Ghost Soldiers: The Forgotten Epic Story of World War II's Most Dramatic Mission--from friend Shad Vick
5. Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus--from friend and former roommate Mike Hatch
6. The Bone Garden: Tess Gerritsen--from Law School buddies Grant and Laura McKaskle
7. Certain Prey --also from Grant and Laura
8. Fatal - Michael Palmer (Grant and Laura)
9. Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance - Donald Miller (Grant and Laura)
10. Unbroken--from close family friend and former Bishop "Stinky" John Flint
11. Brave Companions--from brother Paul Jackson
12. Imagine: Jonah Lehrer--from friend Ramsey Madsen
13. Magician: Apprentice--from friend and fellow sci-fi geek Wes Charles
14. Magician: Master--Wes Charles
15. Crossing to Safety--from my sister Amy Larson
16.Count of Monte Cristo--from my dad Russ Bice
17.Cry, the Beloved Country--from Law School friend Traci Gunderson
18..Ranger's Apprentice Series (8 books)--from sisters Wendy Shay and Jenny Robinson
19. The River of Doubt - Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey - by Candice Millard.--from Doug and Wendy Preston
20.Danny and the Dinosaur (he got TWO COPIES!)--from brother Paul Jackson and sister Wendy Shay
21. Mornings on Horseback - Theodore Roosevelt - by David McCullough--from Paul Jackson
22. Slaughterhouse Five--from L.A. friend Cody Young
23. Don Quixote--from ward friends Jed and Emma Briggs
25. A New Earth by Eckhert Tolle--from my Visiting Teacher and friend Michelle Fogarty
26. Wherever You Go, There you Are-- Michelle Fogarty
27. Louis Lamore--from friend Kirk Johnson
28. The Tao of Pooh--from ????
29. The Te of Piglet--????
30. Les Mis Unabridged--from L.A. friend Alan Staker
31. Keys of the Kingdom by A.J. Cronin--from friends Brad and Susan Hale
32. The Host--gag gift from Brad and Susan Hale (on-going joke from our"Twilight" saga)
33. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway--from church friend Scott Carr
34. Lord of the Rings--from AZ friend Justin Cook
35. The Last Lecture--from church friends Dan and Ann Harris
36. Conquistidor--Dan and Ann Harris
37. Matlida by Roald Dahl--from sister Peggy Paget
38. The Hardy Boys--from Bro-in-law Thad Paget
39. Daddy Loves His Little Girl--from Law School friends Megan and Scott Fera
40. Driven: An Autobiography of Larry H. Miller--from Grandpa Jackson
41. Healing the Shame that Binds You--from Sam Jackson
There are a few more great kids books from cousin Shirley but they are in the basement two floors down and I'm too tired to go get them. Sorry. I may have missed a few more. Thank you all for participating in this major life event.
(Please note that my blog design and content in the menu bar is still being tweaked and updated. I will have that Park City guide ready nex...
I've been harassing my Instagram followers to subscribe to the podcast "Kind World". Guyzzz...IT'S WONDERFUL. Full ...
Hello, Friends! I'm still here. Do people still read this? Here's what we've been up to: -Sponsoring a refugee family in Syr...
Gently wiping that snot off your face. Routine. Nothing special. Inconvenient, even Now, a longed-for privilege Stretchin...